Friday, October 2, 2009

Prince Charming?

I may only be able to speak for myself on this one but do let me know what you think!

I love fairy tales - I love reading about them, hearing about them, watching movies/shows come up with the most amazing love story ever ... and there are real stories that you hear about from your friends where he/she and their girlfriend/boyfriend shared this most amazing experience or moment. A common phrase heard is "It was like a scene from a movie!"

Sleeping Beauty Photo Source

All of that sounds amazing and I'm not a cynic but I've had one of these supposed movie moments happen and it wasn't like the movies at all. The movies made it look sweet, but in fact, this experience was quite awkward and I can almost say it makes me cringe just a little...

And then I wonder, do people believe in movies/shows too much to believe that some stuff could actually happen in reality, like a knight in shining armor sweeping his damsel in distress off of her feet?

Because movies/shows are 99% fictional, I would suggest you guys NOT to take pointers nor try to relive movie moments ... sweet/romantic moments should come from the heart, and almost naturally...

Love Actually Photo Source

4 comments:

  1. He relived the whole "Love Actually" scene .....................

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ LOL
    Although one of my favourite scenes from that movie, if that happened to me in real life, I would probably laugh. Come on, it's gotta be original for it to be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with becky, wayyyy to cheesy! But even though I know that none of these "scenes from a movie" will ever happen to me, I still LOVE to watch them. One of my personal favs is in '10 things I Hate About You' when Heath does his bleacher song. <3

    ReplyDelete