Thursday, December 3, 2009

Phone Obsession


Have you ever found yourself sitting by the phone waiting in anticipation for him or her to call? Maybe it's this cute guy you met randomly who asked for your number. Or maybe it's your girlfriend who calls almost everyday and today it seems out of rhythm. Maybe it's your ex who you long to hear from. Whoever it is, stop doing it.

I, myself, am still guilty of staring at my phone waiting for it to vibrate or some red light to go off. I figure it's time to find a new attachment. There's no use sitting by the phone, if it rings, it rings. If it doesn't, we move on or we determine the moves.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect timing – right when I finished reading this post, my phone just so happened to vibrate. Quite a coincidence.

    But I completely agree with you – we do need to stop waiting by our phones in anticipation for that ring or vibration. However, speaking from personal experience, I know that that is a lot easier said than done. Even though I may walk away from my phone or try to keep myself busy for a short period of time, I find my mind is always focused on my phone, wondering if that red light has started flashing yet.

    We may run away from our phones, but the potential phone calls and messages remain fixed in our mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, so true.

    I refuse to walk away, I'll sit by my phone foreverrr! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true. i'm so used to having my phone with me at all times. cuz i use it for my alarm clock, calendar, reminders, everything.. sometimes it's very liberating.. leaving it in my room while i do things around the house.. or leaving it on vibrate in my bag while i'm out...

    but then when i come back and there are no missed calls, or messages waiting, i get kind of sad.. and that's lame :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Loey: I know what you mean ... LOL I think it's more lame when what is contained on our phone determines whether or not we're sad :(

    ReplyDelete